Some brands are just more superior to others. Specific characteristics set them apart from others, making their brand and products stand out. Prime among these characteristics is the usability of their products. Because they provide specific solutions to their end users, many buyers take an interest in the products they sell, buy them, and give them glowing reviews.
This article will talk about the epitome of the scenario above, the Black Stallion gloves. This brand is among the most famous brands not only when it comes to gloves but also in the world of welding, cutting, and heating in general. Learn why they have this reputation by reading this article.
Characteristics of Excellent Welding Gloves
Welding gloves are one of the essential protections you must have when you’re welding. Before you decide on which welding gloves to buy, you need to check a few particulars. Here are some of them.
- Heat Protection — The temperature produced by metal inert gas (MIG), tungsten inert gas (TIG), or stick welding, cutting, and heating equipment is hazardous. Pick a glove that will ensure you won’t get any burn or injury as you cut, weld, and heat.
- Hazard Protection — There are numerous hazards in welding, cutting, and heating, such as electric shocks, exposure to radiation, too much noise, and exposure to poisonous chemicals. These hazards are the reason why safety attire is needed when engaging in these activities. It includes wearing the proper welding gloves.
- Dexterity — Hand mobility is essential to cut, weld, and heat efficiently. The best gloves should provide you the protection you need while ensuring your hand can comfortably move and cut accurately.
- Durability — Durable gloves should withstand the difficulty of your projects, big or small. It should be heat-resistant, tear-resistant, and long-lasting. If you invest in gloves, find a pair that can serve you from one project to another.
Once you know the factors that make the perfect gloves, dig deeper. You’ll know if the gloves can legitimately provide you the protection you need through the materials composing them.
Materials Used in Black Stallion Welding Gloves
Different types of leather from animals are used in creating welding gloves, even for the famous products Black Stallion 750 welding gloves and Black Stallion 850 welding gloves.
Some of the most common leather from animals are cowhide, pigskin, goatskin, kidskin, deerskin, and elkskin.
Here are the things you should check in the product description to know if you have durable, convenient, heat-resistant, and protective welding gloves.
- Pigskin — Pigskin is used not only in welding gloves but also in many other fashion products where leather is used. Pigskin is rigid but flexible at the same time, so it can provide the protection and flexibility you need from your welding gloves.
- Cowhide — Another tough leather type is cowhide. It is used to create leather jackets, and it is also a material used for welding gloves. Cowhide protects you from welding, cutting, and heating spatters.
- Elkskin — Elkskin is the top choice if you want to have abrasion-, heat-, and flame-resistant welding gloves. Despite its weight, which contributes to its durability, elkskin still creates gloves that are comfortable to wear because of its softness.
- Kevlar Stitching — Black Stallion stick welding gloves for sale have Kevlar stitching. Looking into a Kevlar thread guide would be an excellent start to know its stitching properties. Prime among the properties that make it a suitable material for welding gloves is its non-melting characteristic, perfect for workers who are exposed to high temperatures. It is also highly durable, contributing to the gloves’ overall resistance.
Other Features of Black Stallion Welding Gloves
Black Stallion develops its own technology based on the needs of its clients. They set the bar high by innovating products that provide not only protection but also comfort for the users. Below are the different glove features that make Black Stallion products stand out.
- RestPatch — To ensure comfort despite long hours of welding, cutting, and heating, Black Stallion gloves are designed with RestPatch. The patch is located just beneath the wrists and arms. With it, you can rest your arms in comfort.
- CushionCore — Another feature of Black Stallion stick welding gloves is the CushionCore. Its primary function is to provide comfort to the user.
- DragPatch — The DragPatch is located on the pinky finger side of the hand. This patch allows you to have better control as you drag your equipment. The side of your hand is supported by the DragPatch while you do this, providing more comfort.
- Keystone — What is a keystone? It is the fine-grain pigskin design of the index finger and the thumb that gives you a solid grip on the welding equipment. Even when you hold the tool closely between your index finger and thumb, you are protected.
- Thermal Liners — Thermal liners are responsible for keeping any protective attire fire-resistant. It is the same material used on firefighter uniforms. Other Black Stallion gloves are no stranger to thermal liners as these are also used for them.
- Glove Cut — Last but not least among the features of Black Stallion gloves is the Gunn glove cut. This cut provides seams in different hand areas, allowing the wearer to flex their hands naturally while their hands are gloved.
The leather used for other brands of gloves may differ from what Black Stallion uses. However, the specifications mentioned above are original to Black Stallion. These innovative attributes make this brand stand out from others.
Black Stallion Stick Welding Gloves
With the information mentioned above, you'll be keener when looking for welding gloves. Your shopping experience will never be the same because you are now aware of the characteristics that make excellent welding gloves.
For sure, you’ll see many different welding gloves in retail stores and online. Here are the must-have Black Stallion gloves for stick, MIG, and TIG welding.
Black Stallion Welding Gloves 750
Design and Comfort — You’ll love the clean design of these stick welding gloves. The Black Stallion Welding Gloves 750 have a pure white color. They are made of elkskin leather, so they are soft to wear but have the durability and protection you need.
The thumb strap ensures comfort and less stress in the hand part, even when using the gloves for long hours. Make sure to pick the correct glove size. You may have an excellent pair, but you will not fully maximize all of its best features if it does not fit right.
Safety and Durability — The thermal lining is made of DuPont Nomex, the same fire-resistant material used on firefighters’ uniforms. Combined with Kevlar stitching, you have welding gloves that are fireproof and durable.
Black Stallion 850
Design and Comfort — The gloves’ design features a simple color of white and yellow. Not only are the gloves pleasing to look at, but they are also comfortable to wear because of the elkskin material used for them. You’ll have total control over your grips because of the reversed grain palm. Again, choose your size correctly. Check the men's and women's size charts to ensure you have gloves that fit right.
Safety and Durability — For safety, these gloves also feature the DuPont Nomex thermal lining, making the gloves fire-resistant and thus keeping you safe at work. Whether you are a hobbyist or a professional stick welder, the Kevlar stitching of these gloves can handle all your welding projects, big or small.
Black Stallion MIG Welding Gloves
Aside from stick welding gloves, Black Stallion also creates gloves for MIG welding. Every hobbyist favors MIG welding because of the simplicity of the process. Its simplicity notwithstanding, safety, comfort, and protection are still priorities.
Black Stallion Cowhide MIG Welding Gloves
Design and Comfort — These MIG welding gloves have the brand's signature yellow and white colors. The designer of these gloves knows every tradesman's needs, as a DragPatch, RestPatch, and reinforced patches on the palm and index finger are all provided.
Safety and Durability — Grain and split cowhide are alternatively used for its palm and glove back to allow the user to move comfortably while being protected at the same time. The Kevlar stitching ensures that the gloves can stand the test of temperature and time.
Black Stallion Stick and MIG Welding Gloves
Design and Comfort — If you often perform MIG and stick welding tasks in your workshop, these are the gloves you’ll love! The gloves will be your favorite not only because you can use these gloves for the mentioned welding needs but also because of the glove design. They are black with a red flame design, which looks classy and reflects your passion for what you do.
The design is only a bonus to the comfort brought by the gloves' padded lining and DragPatch feature.
Safety and Durability — Because of the pigskin leather material used for the gloves, you can be assured that you are protected while having the flexibility needed for your tasks. The Kevlar stitching adds to the gloves' durability and fire and abrasion resistance.
Black Stallion TIG Welding Gloves
Black Stallion Kidskin TIG Welding Gloves
Design and Comfort — These gloves are white and orange in color. The kidskin material used for the gloves makes them lightweight but highly durable and easy to move. The gloves are not lined to allow the user freedom of movement. Kidskin has been used in making gloves in general as early as the 19th century.
Safety and Durability — The Kevlar stitching and kidskin leather work together to provide comfort to the welder and ensure safety from heat, fire, and abrasions.
Black Stallion Premium TIG Welding Gloves
Design and Comfort — These gloves use two types of leather to comfort the user. For the thumb, index, and middle fingers, kidskin leather is used to ensure the movability of the fingers that are essential in creating seamless welds and cuts.
The RestPatch and DragPatch features of the gloves add more comfort to the user while providing insulation and freedom from chafing.
Safety and Durability — Another leather material used for these gloves is cowhide for the back of the gloves. This particular leather type makes the gloves durable and gives the user protection from abrasion, cuts, and burns.
These are the critical details you need to know about one of the most reliable brands in welding gloves. Their gloves are made of durable leather and give the protection needed by every tradesman.
Their gloves are all designed to protect and give freedom of movement, which every welder needs to do their job the best way they can.
Remember these characteristics so that once you are wading through a sea of welding gloves in a retail store or during online shopping, you can make the right decision.
Prioritize comfort, durability, and safety. Do not forget to get the right glove size that fits your hand comfortably. Lastly, aside from gloves, make sure that you have the complete personal protective equipment required to ensure total safety and protection.