This welding helmet is a revolutionary new product that incorporates the latest auto-darkening technology with an exceptionally lightweight and durable design. There’s no stopping you from working for long hours because of eye strain and fatigue—two fewer things to worry about with DEKO’s patented darkroom technology.
DEKO has been designed and manufactured by experts in the welding industry, so you are sure that this helmet is suitable and can protect you from your welding activities. This blog post will give you all the information you need to make an informed decision when purchasing your next welding helmet.
In Focus: DEKO Pro Welding Helmet
The line of DEKO helmets is popular with welders because of its high quality and affordable prices. Today we'll take a look at one of the best sellers, the Pro Welding Helmet, and see why it's worth checking out. This helmet might be the safety equipment for your welding needs.
The DEKO helmet uses solar power to activate its functions. This feature is very useful, especially when you are working under the heat of the sun. You are sure that your helmet will not run out of power. This DEKO solar-powered welding helmet is also cost-effective compared to other helmets that require battery replacement every now and then.
You not only save money from buying battery packs, but your device is also eco-friendly because of less waste from the empty battery shells.
The viewing area has a 3.62” x 1.65” size that allows users to see a wide scope of their workspace. In addition, the viewfinder features a technology that uses light diffusion, variation of luminous transmittance, and angular dependency so that the user can see whichever angle is intended clearly.
You can also adjust the sensitivity of the shade of the viewfinder to adapt depending on your work environment. For example, you can have it lighter for a clearer view or change the shade to darker modes if you need more protection from the bright emissions from welding.
The DEKO helmet has a portable design. You can easily bring it with you wherever you have your welding job. The headgear is fully adjustable so that you can customize your helmet's fit on your head. It has full, around the head protection, so you are sure burns and heat from the welding cannot cause you injury.
Additionally, DEKO helmets are designed to be ultra-comfortable. They’re lightweight, which lessens the fatigue that your head and neck experience so you can work for longer periods.
The sparks that come from welding emissions can be harmful to the eyes, which can cause permanent damage if you are directly exposed to them. That is why it is important that your welding helmet can protect your eyes by blocking the harmful UV rays welding emits.
The DEKO Pro Welding Mask has an automatic darkening feature to switch filters in 1/25000 seconds. So once you start your welding, your helmet will immediately darken without having to press any button; talk about welding seamlessly and hassle-free!
If your solar power drains, you don't need to worry about the auto-darkening feature because the helmet has emergency-installed batteries for situations like this. Additionally, the DEKO auto-darkening welding helmet’s UV protection and radiation shades have passed the welding standards set by the law, making this an excellent choice for all welders.
A Practical Choice
The DEKO helmets are a great value for your money. Many high-priced helmets are lacking compared to DEKO helmets—not just from the features but also from the helmet build. The DEKO helmet is made from durable PP materials, which is a type of thermoplastic that can withstand extreme heat and cold. In addition, this material has wear-resistant properties that ensure a longer lifespan.
These helmets can also be used on other activities like shipbuilding, steel and petroleum manufacturing, or any hazardous activities. DEKO helmets can also keep up with your style because there are several designs you can choose from; from flames to American flags, they’ve got you covered.
Other Key Features and Specifications
Here are some of the key features and specifications of the DEKO helmet to see if this is the right welding helmet for you.
- Viewing Area: 3.62” x 1.65”
- Lens Model: DX – 500S
- Shade Range: DIN 4, 9–13 variable
- UV/IR Protection: DIN 16
- Sensitivity: 0.00004 seconds
- Cartridge Size: 11.8” x 8.7” x 8.5”
- Battery Type: CR2032
- User Type: Household and professional use
Protect Your Helmet So It Can Protect You
Taking care of your safety gear will allow them to be usable for a long time. There are instructions for DEKO welding helmets included when you purchase one. Make sure to read the guidelines to maintain your equipment properly.
To further help you, here are some tips you can use in taking care of your welding helmets.
- Get your helmet a committed storage bag. It’s not enough that you store it in a cabinet. The purpose of the bag is to protect the helmet from external threats like water, harmful acids that can affect the outer shell, and sharp objects that can puncture and break the lenses.
- Always make sure to clean your helmet after a day’s work. The fumes, dirt, and other welding emissions can stick to your equipment and may compromise its structural integrity.
- Do not directly submerge your helmet in water. Instead, use a damp cloth to wipe the outer shell and the inner part of your helmet. It does not only keep the helmet clean, but also prevents bad odors.
- Don't let dirt build up on the lenses of your helmet. The welding lenses are one of the most important parts of the helmet. If your vision is blurry because of dirt, it can get you into accidents. Instead, wipe the lenses with a soft cloth for cleaning. The lenses are so sensitive that rough fabrics can easily scratch them and affect their functionality.
- Disinfect your helmet. Harmful chemicals can stick to your gear and these can cause problems when in contact with humans. There are available welding disinfectants in the market to use on your equipment.
- Make it a habit to inspect your helmet for damages. Don't force yourself to use your helmets when there are cracks and dents. Always replace the broken parts—even if they only show minimal damage—to avoid further complications.
- Always have an extra battery on hand. You'll never know when your helmet will run out of power, and most of a welding helmet's essential functions rely on power. It's always good to prepare in cases like this.
When it comes to hazardous jobs, being careful and skillful is not enough. It is best if you are equipped with the correct safety gear, and the DEKO welding helmet is one of the best headgear in the market that can protect you from the harmful emissions of welding at an affordable price.
You can check our blog posts for other safety equipment. Complete your PPE gear to work in an effective and safe manner, so buy your helmet today!