A well-rounded machine that's innovative yet simple to use, the Hobart Handler 190 (500554001) is a reliable workhorse that any welder would be proud to own.
The Handler 190 allows any welder the chance to use a machine that offers one of the cleanest welds in its class while still having many design options and technological advantages for welding.
The Hobart 190 MIG is appropriate for non-industrial applications. This machine tool has a great power level and can weld materials as thick as 5/16 inches and as thin as 24 gauge.
Hobart designed the machine to be simple. The built-in shortcut board, proprietary wire feed technology, and incredible performance control mean consistent beads and spatter-free welds even for total beginners.
Who Should Get the Hobart Handler 190 Wire Feed MIG Welder?
Due to the machine's versatility and its simple features, the Hobart Handler is an excellent machine for welders of all skill levels who need an effective, reliable MIG welder.
If you're looking to get a welding machine for building and repair work, automobile repair, light industrial work, ranch work, and other personal home projects, the Hobart 190 is an excellent choice. Bear in mind that although the unit is hardy and durable, it is not built for continuous heavy industrial use.
Essential Features of the Hobart Handler 190 MIG Wire Welder MIG Welder
Main features of the 190 include:
- SpoolRunner 100 (also from Hobart): Attaches directly to the system and controls the movement of the cable. Aluminum wire welding eliminates many of the issues involved with feeding. The SpoolRunner 100 usually operates on mild steel wire and stainless steel.
- Built-in contactor: An outstanding safety device ensuring the wire is not live while in operation.
- Automated Thermal Overload Protection: When the unit reaches its maximum service time, it automatically slows down until it is cool enough to use again.
- Excellent stability: 7 voltage options, infinitely adjustable wire feed power, and adjustable output amperage.
- Great performance-to-price ratio
- Consistently clean and effective welds
- Can weld a wide variety of metals
- Can weld aluminum (With the use of a spool gun)
- Offers the buyer plenty of options and features (output power, voltage settings, and wire speed)
- Easy to transport
- 2-year warranty
- This MIG welder is not for heavy industry jobs
- Requires a 230V receptacle or a generator of at least 7000 watts
- Costs more than other brand models of a similar class
Hobart Handler 190 MIG Wire Welder Part 500554: Main Features and Benefits
The Hobart Handler 190 weighs about 89 pounds, making it reasonably portable. The kit also includes a mounted handle for easy transport to your job site. We suggest having a wheeled cart to help you move the welder around while you're doing fixes or doing frequent maintenance.
The Hobart Handler 190 has an input power of 230V. The Handler is compatible with a generator that can power the welder for remote work areas. This machine comes with seven voltage settings, easy wire-speed adjustment, and top-notch magnetism. In addition to those features, this system also offers increased arc efficiency. Selecting the required working voltage levels lets you cut down on spatter and ultimately post-weld cleanup.
The Hobart Handler 190 boasts a 30% duty cycle at 130 amps, meaning you'll get about 3 minutes of continuous welding before the machine has to cool down for 7 minutes.
Adding to its minimalist design, the front panel is straightforward to use. It includes a toggle switch, a knob for infinite wire speed selection, an activate connectivity button, plus a knob for the system's seven voltage settings. A dual groove roll system means you can move between different wire sizes quickly. The 3-groove drive allows you to select between various wire sizes and flux-cored wires.
The Handler 190 advertises an integrated wire feed system that makes for quick and steady roll-lever release, simplifying the wiring process.
This Handler 190 comes with a safety-enhancing feature that keeps the wire "cold" while the welder is on but not in service. If the trigger is pulled, the wire will stay electrically cold. It is ideal for both new and veteran welders as it provides an added layer of protection and prevents injury from welding.
It is equipped with a short-circuit safety system to avoid overload. Additionally, other safety mechanisms include a self-resetting control mechanism that prevents overheat and a motor protection feature that avoids wire feed overload during use.
The Hobart Handler 190 handles aluminum, flux core steel, stainless steel, and mild steel. To avoid feeding problems, the Hobart Handler 190 comes with its particular SpoolRunner 100 spool gun. This helps improve the device's feeding effectiveness.
Pre-built circuitry is used, thereby eliminating the need for kits or extra functions. You must connect the unit first to begin welding. Selector switches provide great simplicity in switching from MIG to spool shot.
Hobart Handler 190 MIG Wire Welder Part 500554 Inclusions
- Ergonomic 10-feet H100S4-10 gun
- Owners manual and operating instructions
- 10-feet work cable with clamp
- Dual-gauge regulator with built-in gas solenoid valve
- 4 or 8-inch spools
- .030-inch self-shielding flux-cored wire spool (0.8mm) sources
- Quick Select drive roll
- Power cable with plug
- Material thickness gauge and welding guide
What’s Not Included:
- Safety devices
- Shielding gas
- Input voltage and phase: 220 V (1-Phase)
- Processes: Flux core and MIG welding
- Range of Amperage: 25 A–190 A
- Rated output voltage: 145 VDC
- Duty cycle: 30% at 130 A
- Dimensions with handles: 10.625 x 12.375 x 19.5 inches
- Weight: 68 lbs.
- Speed of wire feed: 40–740 inches per minute
- Thickness of welding (mild steel): 24 gauge–5/16 inch
The Hobart Handler 190 is an excellent MIG welder for your light to medium-heavy welding projects. This beast can tackle household and farm repairs, as well as minor shop repairs, making it a go-to for seasoned welders and newer ones alike.
The Hobart Handler 190 enables welders to create stunning welds easily. It also comes with the necessary wires and attachments so you can weld easily right out of the box. The warranty is lengthy enough to make sure that you get your money's worth.
This competent welder has one possible drawback: it can get you to part with your hard-earned cash. However, as the Hobart Handler 190 is made to last, the investment is well worth the cost.