Plasma cutters are one of the welding buddies you can't live without as a metal fabricator. However, not everyone can purchase this rather expensive power tool, and welding manufacturers understand this dilemma. You don't have to look elsewhere because we've already compiled a list of cheap plasma cutter reviews in this article.
We took a look at the countless plasma cutters up for sale on the internet and in leading hardware stores in the country. We narrowed down the five best that is both affordable and functional.
Now, let's take a look at the top five cheap plasma cutters for sale in the market today.
Cheap Plasma Cutter Reviews
Dynaloop 50A Pilot Arc Plasma Cutter
Specs at Glance:
- Sold for USD 189.00 on Amazon
- Built with a dual voltage inverter that works with 110V and 220V outlets
- Can cut metal materials with a maximum thickness of 14mm
- Works on a high frequency that ranges from 50Hz to 60Hz
- Features a pilot arc function to allow you to use it without touching the metal
- Has useful indicator lights that show what voltage the machine is operating on
- Effortlessly cuts metallic materials such as stainless steel
- Comes with high-quality accessories including a hand torch, electrodes, and hoses
Dual Voltage Convenience
Plasma cutters are power-hungry machines. They utilize a great amount of power in order to produce plasma that can cut through metal materials with ease. Unfortunately, power outlets across the country are not built the same. Some come in lower voltages, while others are higher. This can be a conundrum if you wish to use your plasma cutter in more than one location.
The good news is that the Dynaloop 50A Pilot Arc Plasma Cutter comes with a dual voltage system that allows you to plug it in any 110V and 220V power outlet. The machine automatically adjusts internally to be able to draw power from both voltages.
The Dynaloop 50A comes with a set of accessories. These accessories complete the whole package. You can start your cutting journey right away with the Dynaloop 50A and the accessories that come with the machine itself. These accessories include a voltage adapter, a 110 power plug, an air regulator, an air gauge, tips, electrodes, an air hose, and a ground clamp.
A meticulous metal fabricator would want to know everything about their equipment. As such, proper documentation with accurate information and ease of access is crucial to unlocking the full potential of the machine. Sadly, official sources on the specifications and features of this plasma cutter are sparse and hard to find. You may have to contact the seller of the unit for more information.
Unfortunately, Dynaloop doesn’t have its own online presence. An extensive search for its official channels turned out to be a fruitless endeavor. However, the Dynaloop 50A is covered by Amazon’s return and refund policy. You can make warranty claims on the Amazon website using their return and refund systems. For immediate response and assistance, you can contact the seller on Amazon’s platform.
Myyweld MWC-50D Plasma
Specs at Glance:
- Sold for USD 269.00 on Amazon
- Can be used for cutting conductive metal materials including aluminum and stainless steel
- Has a dual voltage setup that works with both 110V and 220V power sources
- Comes with multiple redundancies for your protection as you operate the machine
- Rated with IP21 protection that works against 12.5mm-sized debris and dripping water
- Built with overheating and overloading protection that automatically gets triggered
Efficient IGBT Inverter
The Insulated-Gate Bipolar Transistor or IGBT provides the machine with high speed and high-frequency switching. What that means for you, as a metal fabricator, is that you get more efficiency out of each use of your plasma cutter. As you use the Myyweld MWC-50D Plasma, you don’t have to worry about losses in switching electrical currents resulting in inefficient operation.
Plasma cutters can be sensitive and delicate machines. As such, they need an additional layer of protection from all sorts of damage. Ingress Protection, more commonly known as IP, is a rating system for the levels of protection that a piece of equipment can offer. The MWC-50D comes with a rating of IP21 which stands for level 2 protection against solids, and level 1 against liquids.
While the manufacturer, Myyweld, has its own official website, it’s a bit lacking when it comes to resources for its products. Proper documentation and manuals for the plasma cutter are nowhere to be found on the website as of writing. You may have to rely on the booklet that comes with the box for detailed instructions and information.
If you encounter any issues with your unit, you can have it either replaced or refunded by the manufacturer. You can do so as long as you meet the policy requirements and file a claim within 30 days upon shipping. The company provides its official email address on its website for any concerns and questions that might arise.
Flaring Plasma Cutter Equipment 50 Amp
Specs at Glance:
- Sold for USD 479.99 on Amazon
- Lets you work on metal materials with imperfect and uneven surfaces
- Allows you to cut different metal materials without the metal touching the torch
- Can be configured with parameters for a clean-cut and the maximum severance cut
- Uses non-hazardous compressed air to slice through metal materials
- Built with an IGBT inverter that allows energy-efficient and high-speed cutting operations
- Comes with a protective system against overheating and overloading
Built To Last
Longevity is rare to find among specialized equipment that can be bought in the lower price brackets. Fortunately, the Flaring Plasma Cutter Equipment 50 Amp is unlike your ordinary plasma cutter. The Flaring cutter is designed with protection against overheating and overloading. If you see yourself working over long hours, then you can rely on the Flaring cutter to have your back.
Before the Flaring plasma cutter is put inside a box and shipped out, it has to undergo rigorous testing first. Every unit is assured to withstand the immense demands of working with intense heat over long periods. In addition, to make sure that its electronic internals work without fail, the Flaring cutter also undergoes a 30-minute simulation of voltage fluctuations.
Unlike other plasma cutters, the Flaring cutter doesn’t have a welding option. If you wish to save a few bucks, you might want to opt for a 2-in-1 machine rather than the single-purpose Flaring cutter. Despite this downside, the Flaring cutter does its one and only job extremely well compared to its rivals on the market.
Within a month starting from the date of receipt, you can have your Flaring cutter returned and replaced if you encounter any problems with it. In addition, this plasma cutter is covered by a 3-year warranty. The manufacturer also provides 24-hour aftersales support that you can reach anytime. This can be handy when you need technical assistance in a jiff, even in the middle of the night!
YesWelder Cut-55DS 55Amp
Specs at Glance:
- Sold for USD 400.00 on Amazon
- Features the pilot arc technology that enables non-touch cutting
- Can be used with different kinds of metal surfaces, even rusted and painted ones
- Comes with mechanisms that ensure the longevity of your consumables
- Offers flexibility that comes with a dual-voltage configuration
- Able to cut different kinds of alloy, steel, copper, and aluminum
- Built to be lightweight and easily transported with its shoulder straps
If you’re a cash-strapped metal fabricator, you have to be on the lookout for the most powerful plasma cutter that fits your budget. Fortunately, you don’t have to look any further than the YesWelder Cut-55DS 55 Amp plasma cutter. With its max severance thickness of ¾”, you can easily deal with most metal materials that will ever come your way.
Bring It Anywhere
Working in different locations might be difficult for you if you have a bulky and heavy machine. The YesWelder plasma cutter only weighs 13 lbs., making it extremely lightweight. If you need to transport your machine from one location to another, you can easily and effortlessly do it with this plasma cutter. In addition, it also comes with a shoulder strap that can help you carry it around.
Due to it being manufactured in China, the instructional manual that comes in the box contains badly written English instructions. You might have to rely on third-party documentation or even YouTube videos to learn how to operate the machine properly. Another minor inconvenience is the low quality of the air hose that comes with the machine. You can replace it with a better one.
Whenever you need technical assistance, you can shoot YesWelder an email as provided on their official website. They claim to provide responsive and helpful technical support that will resolve the problem you are facing with your unit. The aftersales support team can be reached each day of the week, including weekends. For defective units, you can make a claim within 7 days upon receipt.
Hiweld Plasma Cutter
Specs at Glance:
- Sold for USD 199.00 on Amazon
- Utilizes pilot arc technology for non-contact cutting operations
- Can be used to cut metal materials with flaws and imperfections
- Built with a handle for portability and transport from one place to another
- Able to produce an output rated at 50 amps for powerful cutting power
- Comes with a digital display for accurate readings of cutting parameters
Rated to work with 110V and 220V power outlets, the Hiweld Plasma Cutter can cut metal materials that are up to 25 mm thick. In addition to its powerful output, it is also highly efficient, rated at 80% efficiency. You can also operate the machine for longer periods of time as it comes with a duty cycle of 85%. This duty cycle is considerably higher compared to the Hiweld cutter’s rivals on the market.
Bring It Anywhere
Weighing only 19.51 lbs., the Hiweld Plasma Cutter can be carried from one location to another. Designed with portability in mind, the machine comes with a sturdy built-in handle on the top of the unit. You can easily and confidently pick it up from your workbench and lug it together with the rest of your equipment in your pickup truck.
A common trend among budget-friendly plasma cutters, the Hiweld cutter doesn’t fall far from the tree; it doesn’t come with sufficient documentation or an instruction manual. This could possibly be because the machine is manufactured in China. However, it is not drastically different from other machines. You can use it if you have prior experience with plasma cutters.
Despite the difficulty of searching for its manufacturer’s official website, you can still depend on Amazon’s own return and refund policy if you encounter any problems with your machine. You can also reach the seller for your inquiries through Amazon’s own platform.
Before you buy a cheap plasma cutter or CNC-capable plasma cutter, ask yourself if a lower-priced cutting machine is suitable for you. Remember that even if it is the best cheap plasma cutter out there, it can only do so much in industrial settings. It is only applicable for DIY projects, light repairs, or if you need something done on occasion. Always follow the golden rule in purchasing anything: never compromise quality over price.
Check our website for more information.