When you decide to purchase your very own plasma cutter, you should consider getting a Lotos Plasma Cutter. Industry favorite, Lotos, has introduced some of the latest technologies in cutting and welding machines, resulting in durable, portable, and versatile cutters of the highest quality. With the Lotos plasma cutter, you will get more bang for your buck and enjoy more precise cuts.
Why a Lotos Plasma Cutter
The price tag of this brand-name equipment makes it appealing to anyone on a tight budget. If you’re seeking a plasma cutter within a set price range that also doesn't skimp on performance, these units are excellent choices. It can function up to 50 amps and is rated for its 1/2-inch steel. You'll be astounded by how powerful the Lotos plasma cutter can get despite its low price—proving cheap doesn't necessarily mean bad. Some units, such as the Lotos LTPDC2000D and Lotos CT520D, even include welding among their impressive range of capabilities.
Most Recommended Lotos Plasma Cutters
Depending on your needs, you may select between an entry-level and an industrial-grade cutter since Lotos has every model you are looking for. Let’s take a closer look:
1. Lotos LTP5000D Plasma Cutter Review
The Lotos LTP5000D Plasma Cutter is suitable for cutting through perforated, painted, rusted, and tough materials. It lets you work with stainless, mild, and alloy steel, as well as aluminum, copper, and a variety of other materials. This is mainly owing to the effectiveness of its pilot arc torch. The cutter can sever materials of up to 34 inches in length. However, it’s important to consider that the machine works slower fed with thicker materials. Aluminum, for one, is not ideal.
The Lotos LTP5000D Plasma Cutter is a tough device that accepts both 110V and 220V power connectors. In reality, the power cord comes with no fitted ends, allowing you to use whatever end you wish. While the 110/115/120V version is suitable for modest tasks, the 220V version brings this cutter closer to industrial-grade equipment. At that level, it will easily cut through thick materials (14-inch and above). The Lotos LTP5000D 50-Amp Plasma Cutter also has a small torch size and a long (10ft) hose, which is another plus.
- It is a low-cost plasma cutter with superb usability.
- Inverter technology for a lighter design and enhanced functionality, as well as a digital read-out for precise display of operational data
- MOSFET transistors are used to provide accurate, current output.
- A good duty cycle will help to decrease idle time during plasma cutting operations.
- PWM (Pulse-Width-Modulation) method for efficient current flow regulation
- PAPST cooling system for quick and efficient cooling
- It does not include a 110V pigtail (purchased separately).
- Not intended for heavy-duty usage
- The warranty period is limited.
2. Lotos LTPDC2000D Review
The Lotos LTPDC2000D is our best choice for experienced welders since it offers clean and strong cuts while also being a 3-in-1 option. Welding specialists can utilize the LTPDC2000D for TIG and stick welding in addition to plasma cutting. Despite being the most expensive suggestion on our list, the diversity of functionalities makes it a worthy investment.
The LTPDC2000D combines three items in one machine at a very reasonable price. In addition, experienced welders will appreciate how flexible this product is.
Each of the welding operations is extremely strong and precise. Both the TIG and stick welders have 200 amps, while the plasma cutters have 50 amps. As a result, you'll be able to cut through metals up to 12 inches thick with ease and precision—steel, stainless steel, ferrous alloys, and even molybdenum! Furthermore, because this is a dual voltage device, you may select whether to employ AC or DC operation in your job.
This model's pilot arc function assures clean and strong cuts, making it an excellent choice for heavy-duty usage. In addition, it will let you cut through corroded or hard metals with minimal splatter—this makes cleanup a breeze!
This plasma cutter boasts portability and a beginner-friendly design. The controls are easy to navigate and work to your advantage. Also, the unit itself is very easy to transport. After you've set the current, you may begin welding with a simple switch flip. The torch trigger may be adjusted with your thumb or index finger for improved precision. Working in small spaces is simple with the adjustable torch head.
This type is also relatively safe, which makes it an even more appealing plasma cutter for professionals, hobbyists, and users new to the craft. The built-in cooling mechanism guarantees that the unit's tip is never heated. It cools off fast after usage.
Finally, the LTPDC2000D is a long-lasting alternative. The Robust Infineon IGBT Power Drive matrix makes this machine durable and, hence, a more extended life. In addition, the LTPDC2000D, like other Lotos plasma cutters, comes with a one-year guarantee.
- It is a 3-in-1 versatile machine, serving multiple functions in a handy unit.
- Because of the non-touch pilot arc, cuts have an immaculate finish.
- Suitable for steel (nearly all variants), copper, and aluminum
- They have excellent customer service and a 3-year warranty.
- It is simple to use, even for those with no technical experience.
- When the cloth is excessively thick, it may not be possible to cut it to 12 inches.
- The pigtail is available separately, at an additional cost.
3. Lotos LT3500 35-Amp Review
The Lotos LT3500 is our favorite low-cost alternative, with a price tag of less than $200. But, don't be fooled by the low price—the LT3500 is pretty strong and a good choice for home usage. It is also easy to use and store in the house because it's portable.
This Lotos 35 amp plasma cutter is a low-cost and practical option for minor welding jobs, making it an excellent choice for home use. This 35-amp device can penetrate metals of up to 25 inches thick and various metals, including stainless steel, mild steel, alloy steel, copper, and aluminum.
Aside from its numerous benefits, this model is also simple to operate, allowing novices and DIY enthusiasts to enjoy welding with ease. The machine takes 1 minute to set up—plug it into a power outlet, and you'll be up and running in minutes! It also has an easy-to-use gauge regulator and a preinstalled air filter to guarantee safety while in use.
The LT3500 is lightweight and portable. It's fairly light, at only 17 pounds, so that you can transport this plasma cutter about the house for repairs with ease.
This Lotos model also has a 1-year warranty, which is the best in its price category.
- It has a one-year warranty.
- It is portable, one of the smallest plasma cutters.
- Everything is preinstalled, making it simple to set up and operate.
- It makes use of non-toxic air.
- It can cut many metals such as steel, copper, and aluminum.
- Commercial or industrial-grade projects are not appropriate.
- It depletes consumables far more quickly than most other plasma cutters.
4. Lotos CUT60D Review
The CUT60D plasma cutter boasts high performance and versatility due to its multiple pilot arc functions. These offer easy switching from mode to mode—continuous, non-continuous, and gouging. These arc movements provide the accuracy and flexibility required when working with steel, aluminum, copper, alloy, expanded, and other metals. In addition, the CNC-ready device offers no hazards to your CNC setup or other electric appliances because it uses a Trafimet ERGOCUT S65 torch that integrates the blowback approach to ignite the arc. The automated dual voltage/frequency system is a significant benefit.
The rated clean-cut thickness at 20-30 A DC is 1/3 inch, while the peak severance thickness is 1/2 inch. Taking it up a notch, the rated clean-cut thickness at 20-60 A DC is 4/5 inches, while the peak severance thickness is 1 1/4 inches. You may notice some variations in these figures. However, in typical conditions, you may expect up to 80% consistency.
- It is an inexpensive CNC-ready plasma machine with numerous plasma arc capabilities for assisting people with domestic duties, vehicle body restoration, and so on.
- It is a lightweight variant with a carry handle and other attachments for simple installation.
- Blowback start allows the electrode to activate the plasma stream, resulting in a strong arc and efficient operation.
- Post-flow control aids in extending consumable life and cooling the torch.
- Functions for simple control of the trigger when cutting
- For stainless steel plates, a slow cutting speed is required.
5. Lotos LTP 7000 Review
Except for the torch, cut thickness, size, and weight, the LTP 7000 and LTP6000 are similar in terms of features and pricing. Therefore, taking it as more powerful than the others evaluated here is not an exaggeration.
The CB172 torch includes a 2-prong connector and a 17-foot cord for increased reach. The device has been developed to do drag cutting, piercing, and cutting edge activities. Unfortunately, its piercing powers are a touch overstated, as may be seen if the workpieces aren't adequately prepared for the operation.
It’s also key to note that this machine operates with a ⅞ inch rating at maximum amperage through aluminum, brass, steel, and other metals, including expanded and rusted parts. On the other hand, the severance thickness is at 1.25 inches. Finally, the pilot arc system employs HF to provide the operator with an advantage in any plasma cutting task.
- It is a low-cost plasma system with a high amperage output and cut thickness to meet various requirements.
- Inverter technology and Pulse-Width Modulation and V-MOSFETs are used to ensure that the current delivered is accurate and stable.
- A high-quality torch with pilot arc and HF start allows the operator to work efficiently with various metals.
- The PAPST cooling system provides an excellent duty cycle and maintains that cycle continuously.
- It has a functional post-flow system to extend the life and efficiency of the components.
- Carrying with one hand is not possible (two carry handles mounted)
- There are no consumables included.
The Lotos LTP5000D is ideal for most individuals since it is flexible, long-lasting, and reasonably priced. This model also provides outstanding performance and clean cuts, making it a perfect choice for metalwork. In addition, the LTP5000D is ideal for any light welding work around the house, ranch, or repair business.
While the LTP5000D is ideal for amateurs, the LTPDC2000D is perfect for professional welders since it combines three welding choices in one machine. Overall, the LTPDC2000D is a bang for the buck. It is also the most durable of our choices and the greatest option for heavy-duty use.
The LT3500 is the best low-cost option. It is enough for minor repairs at home and light DIY projects. Furthermore, this model is incredibly lightweight and portable, allowing you to move it from one area to another with ease. Whatever you choose, we hope this guide has given you sufficient information to help you decide which Lotos unit best fits your needs.