Having small hands is completely normal, and you shouldn't feel embarrassed about them. However, having small hands when welding is a different story.
Welding gloves are a necessary safety gear. They protect your hands from heat, sparks, and other welding dangers. But when the gloves don't fit, they only add to the risk of injuries and poor-quality welds. Unfortunately, this often happens to welders with small hands.
It's harder to find gloves for welding that fit small hands well. Usually, most companies that make these follow a standard or universal size, but not everyone has the same measurements.
So we've put together this roundup of five small welding gloves perfect for welding warriors with small hands! These gloves will help protect your hands while making the best out of your workpiece.
5 Small-Sized Welding Gloves for Welders With Small Hands
Your tough quest to find the right pair of gloves for welding ends here! We saved you from the tedious research and compiled five of the best welding gloves for your size. Check them out and get your own pair for your next welding project.
Caiman TIG Kidskin 1600 Cuff (Small)
The first product on this roundup hits two birds with one stone: long-term comfort and dexterity at an affordable cost!
The white Caiman 1600 Gloves are made of resilient goat grain leather with a 4-inch long split leather cuff.
Caiman provides a sizing chart containing six small size variations.
|S (Women)||6–6.5 in.|
Caiman recommends measuring the area around and above the V of the thumb to get the circumference (in inches). If the measurement falls close to or between two sizes, select the larger size.
Pros and Cons
Now, let's find out whether these gloves for welding can keep you safe and efficient.
- Works best for TIG welding jobs.
- Great durability and fit at an affordable cost. Welding pros and hobbyists alike can use these gloves for years.
- Soft and comfortable with excellent dexterity for seamless welding sessions.
- These leather gloves are thin and lack insulation.
- The yellow cuff leaves a stain on your arms after long periods of use.
- The seams aren't sturdy.
Dewalt Premium Small Gloves for Welding (MIG/TIG)
The next product on the list features something extremely important in welding: flame resistance! Chase the sparks away with this equipment wrapped around your small, hardworking hands.
These gloves are made from grade A buffalo leather palm with Kevlar stitching on the entire glove. They also come with an extended gauntlet open cuff and knuckle and finger guards.
There's no sizing chart provided for the Dewalt Premium Gloves. However, the product description comes with the following dimensions and weight information.
- Dimensions: 13 x 6 x 1 in.
- Weight: 5.6 oz.
If you're hesitant to rely on these details alone, contact the manufacturer for more details.
Pros and Cons
Now, let's find out whether these gloves can keep you safe and efficient.
- These gloves are heat and fire-resistant, eliminating the risk of injury from open flames, slags, and sparks.
- The cotton-padded knuckle and finger guards are also fire-resistant.
- The buffalo leather provides maximum protection against wear and tear.
- They make good small-sized gloves for women.
- These gloves have excellent heat resistance, but they still lack it. They're not ideal for heavy-duty welding like MIG.
Tillman 1105W Welding Gloves (Small)
If you're into heavy-duty welding, the previous product might not be good enough. So here's a pair of small gloves with greater heat resistance, the Tillman 1105W.
The Tillman 1105 Gloves are made of polypropylene and constructed with a blue shoulder split cowhide design. They also feature a Kevlar lock stitch, cotton and foam lines, welted fingers, and a wing thumb design.
The Tillman 1105 doesn't have a sizing chart, but its description states that it measures 12 inches.
Pros and Cons
Let's see whether these Tillman welding gloves can keep you safe and productive as a welder.
- The cotton and foam lines combined with Kevlar threading provide great heat protection.
- The wing thumb feature adds dexterity, durability, and comfort for long periods of use.
- It’s a perfect fit for women with small hands. They're also suitable for kids, but kids should always weld with supervision.
- Thick enough for heavy-duty protection.
- These gloves can be stiff out of the box, but they get softer in time.
Black Stallion BM88 Small Pigskin and Cowhide Gloves (MIG Welding)
Ever heard of DragPatch and RestPatch? These are the unique technology features of the Black Stallion BM88 Gloves. Let's see if these features can help you weld safely and productively.
The yellow BM88 gloves are made from premium grain pigskin and cowhide leather with Kevlar stitching. Additionally, they incorporate two exclusive technologies: the DragPatch and RestPatch. DragPatch is a side reinforcement, while RestPatch is an extra wrist padding.
Black Stallion includes a detailed size chart to help you find the perfect fit. Below are the measurements for men's and women's S and XS glove sizes.
|Men||6‒7 in.||7‒8 in.|
|Women||6‒7 1/4 in.||7 1/4‒7 1/2 in.|
To determine your size, measure around your dominant hand in inches using a tape measure.
Pros and Cons
Let's see whether these gloves can keep you safe and productive.
- The DragPatch and RestPatch add enhanced comfort and insulation so that you can work without hassle for long periods.
- A genuine small glove for welding warriors with small hands, regardless of gender.
- Comfortable and durable.
- Kevlar threading provides great abrasion resistance.
- These gloves can be a bit stiff and uncomfortable.
Blue Demon Kids' MIG/Stick Gloves for Welding (XS)
The Blue Demon Little Demons Kids' Gloves are for little kids aspiring to be future welding warriors. Get this as a gift for your little welder!
These gray weld gloves are manufactured from top grain goatskin with cotton linings and Kevlar stitching. They also come with a 5.5-inch split cuff of the same color but with a darker shade.
Blue Demon doesn't provide a size chart, but the product description states the dimensions. The palm width measures 3‒3/4 inches, while the middle finger's length measures 2‒3/4 inches. Additionally, it's available in two small sizes, XS and XXS.
Pros and Cons
Let's see whether these weld gloves can keep you safe and productive as a welder.
- A great pair of gloves for kids aged five and above.
- They're as well-built and reliable as an adult’s gloves for welding.
- The cotton lining and Kevlar stitching provide sufficient heat protection and durability.
- Some customers think that it's overpriced.
Small Hands Make Massive, Incredible Welds With the Right Gloves
Feeling small for having small hands? Don't be. Remember, small hands can make enormous welds with the right gloves! We want to help you become an incredible welder, so we compiled five of the best gloves that can fit your size. Were you able to pick a favorite?
Perhaps, you're not yet satisfied and want to explore more MIG, stick, and TIG welding gloves. Or are you seeking a specific brand like Harbor Freight welding gloves? No worries; we have more welding information on our website for you! Just navigate the top bar and select a blog category. Here's to safe and happy welding!