Do you plan to work on various metal projects? That's impressive. It will consume a lot of time and energy, not to mention the different tools required for each project. But no exhausting and difficult task can stop a welding warrior like you, and we support you for that!
That said, there's something you need to think about before visualizing the best welds you can make. It's called beveling, a welding preparation process that creates a certain joint shape to help you achieve your desired welds. To do this, you need to use a beveling machine.
Now, this is where it gets complicated. There's a specific machine for every type of metalwork, and it can be difficult to find the right (and best) one if you're a beginner. So we gathered four different but equally reliable beveling machines for you to choose from.
4 Incredible Pipe Beveling Machine Options for Your Metal Projects
The shape of the welded joint is extremely important when welding. You need to ensure that the two pieces of metal are properly joined together to create solid results. A good machine for beveling can help you with that.
You already know how the machine works; what's left is to find a dependable unit to start with. Check out our recommended products below!
#1: Bluerock Manual Pipe Cutting Bevel Machine (CG-211Y)
Let's start with a bevel machine with person-operated efficacy. Do you think you're strong and skilled enough to control the beveling speed and thickness? The Bluerock CG-211Y can help you figure that out!
- Unit Weight: 24 lbs.
- Inclusions: A complete torch kit with 87-inch chain links, a torch head assembly, cutting tips, small and large pipe wheelsets, and an adjustable torch head angle.
- Pipe Cutting Thickness Capacity: 4–24 inches. The larger the pipe size, the more chains you need to use.
- Cutting Speed: Manual
- Hose Fitting Type: Standard-B
- The 87-inch chain links can work up to 24-inch pipes.
- Bluerock offers extra chains up to 118 inches for larger pipe projects.
- This portable beveling tool uses a clutch system, wraps around a pipe, and cuts with chains.
- The torch hold assembly comes with adjustable beveling mounts and bars to help you find the right joint angle for your weld.
- You can use this machine with acetylene GO2 (Types 1, 2, and 3) and propane cutting tips.
- This unit has many adjustable features to make your manual beveling easier. These include the torch head angle, spreader bar knob (lateral), and torch height knob (vertical).
- The 360-degree swiveling and locking torch head allows you to bevel at any angle.
- This machine doesn't require electricity.
- Since this is a manual machine, it won't be easy to use this on a heavy-duty pipe or another metal.
- It doesn't include a welding hose.
#2: Jiuneng Mini Pneumatic Chamfering Machine
Are you looking for a machine specifically designed for chamfering? A chamfer is a bevel subtype that connects two metal surfaces at a 45-degree angle. Aiming for this specific angle? The Jiuneng Mini Pneumatic Chamfering Machine will make a great tool for your project.
- Unit Weight: 1.1 lbs.
- Dimensions: 6.1 x 3.98 x 2.05 inches
- The pneumatic angle grinder keeps a stable and accurate chamfering performance without heating up.
- This is a very portable beveling tool, perfect for beveling narrow and small spaces.
- You can adjust the air intake and chamfer size with a screw to suit your specific chamfering needs.
- This machine includes double tungsten steel cutter heads and a safety pressure plate switch for strong and neat chamfering and deburring.
- Needs a lot of airflow to work (90 psi and above).
- Takes some time to operate and get the best results.
#3: H&M HMOO Saddle-Type Pipe Cutting and Beveling Machine
The next machine on the list is a portable tool for quick and lighter welds. The H&M Saddle-Type HM00 Beveling Machine offers technologies to help you achieve clean and precise bevel angles.
- Unit Weight: 9.50 lbs.
- Pipe Cutting Capacity: 2–4 inches
- Model/Unit No.: #0/HMOO
- Construction Material: Hard-anodized aluminum
- A time and cost-saving six-sided cuboid spacer system allows you to create angles on various pipe sizes. They're also attached to the back of the machine for secure storage.
- The machine includes an adjustable and easy-to-operate 7CS torch holder for quick torch replacements and positioning.
- This H&M beveling machine has an ergonomic saddle design to help you bevel safely and efficiently. It is located behind the ring gear to avoid metal distortion.
- It has a 2DH boomer strap eye assembly for hassle-free pipe management.
- There's no torch included in this machine.
- While this machine is easy to set up and operate, it's still more complex than its competitors, such as a Mathey Dearman beveling machine.
#4: YKLP Mini Handheld Pneumatic Chamfering Machine
The last item on the list is another compact tool for chamfering metal edges. Whether you need to cut straight edges, irregular shapes, or even multilateral angles—the YKLP Mini Chamfering Machine can do it all!
- Unit Weight: 1.1 lbs.
- Dimensions: 2.35 x 6 x 1.65 inches
- Chamfer Plate Thickness: 3 mm
- Pressure Intake: 90 psi
- Inclusions: 2 imported triangle cutter heads, 2 wrenches, 1/4 national pipe threads (NPT), and one bearing
- You can use this chamfering machine in shallow and narrow spaces at various angles.
- It's suitable for deburring and chamfering R side arc corners.
- This machine equips a 360-degree rotating exhaust port for quick temperature reduction.
- The guide bearing might deteriorate faster than you'd expect.
Bevel Something and Build Anything
What is a beveling machine's primary role in welding? It's the most important tool in weld preparation. Before you start welding, you need to create a precise welding joint that will secure the joining of metals.
Whether you need a manual, chamfering, saddle, or plate beveling machine, you must get a unit appropriate to your project's needs. We hope you find the right beveling tool from our roundup! If you're interested in exploring more welding-related reviews, browse the rest of our website!