When you are looking for a quality plasma cutter, a Harbor Freight plasma cutter review will convince you that the tool is a garage must-have. This cutter is affordable and has the power to get the job done fuss-free. However, some accessories can wear out through time and require replacement. To get the most out of your Vulcan plasma cutter (Harbor Freight), it's important to have all parts working perfectly, down to the tiny consumables.
So whether you're looking to improve your welding experience or want to use that Harbor Freight plasma cutter coupon you’ve been saving for a long time, be sure to read on! Here are the top six accessories that fit your Harbor Freight plasma cutter perfectly.
1. Theia Plasma Retaining Cap
With a perfectly working retaining cap, the tip of the plasma cutting torch is kept cool, giving quality cuts even after long hours of use. The heat-retaining cap should be made with highly heat-resistant material, withstanding up to 370°C heat. The hole also fits perfectly to Harbor Freight titanium plasma cutter.
- Fits other plasma cutter torches like the Forney 251P Eco, LTP5500D, Razorweld Viper cut45
- Comes with a nozzle and a swirl ring
- Quite costly considering it only includes a retaining cap, nozzle, and swirl ring
2. RX Weld Consumables
You can focus better at work knowing that if any of your plasma cutting torch parts wear out, you have a replacement for them. Check out the RX Weld consumables offering the following parts in their set:
- 10-piece electrode
- 10-piece tip
- A plasma cutting shield cap
- A plasma cutting standoff
- A swirl ring
Note: Make sure to organize them into your toolbox (not included) as the parts are small and easy to lose.
- Offers different types of consumables in a set
- Has several pieces per consumable
- Made for PT-60 PT60 IPT-60 IPT60 and PT-40 PT40 IPT-40 IPT40 plasma cutter torches
- Does not come with an organizer
3. Theia Plasma Electrode
A plasma cutter electrode ensures electric current flows properly from the torch to the tip for the arc to create precise metal cuts. Good thing Theia Plasma offers electrodes for Harbor Freight plasma cutters in various quantities.
If you are a hobbyist, you can get the set including 2-5 electrodes, but if you weld as a job regularly, you can get the 30-piece set. With a supply you can conveniently get, you will get excellent cuts in your projects.
- You can choose among the different quantities.
- Made of heat-resistant copper.
- Only made for the Titanium 45 model
4. Theia Plasma Tips
An excellent tip is essential to ensure that current movement from the gun to the welding wire is perfect for the arc to be created. With the Theia Plasma 40Amp tips, you’ll get five pieces, enough for several tip changes. So whether you use the Titanium 45 plasma cutter for home welding, ranch or farm repairs, for your hobby, or to offer paid services, you have the plasma cutter tips you need.
- Made with heat-resistant copper
- The tip is enhanced with tellurium material for durability.
- The tips do not come with an organizer to hold them.
5. Theia Plasma Swirl Ring
The swirl ring is responsible for mixing the gas around the plasma arc. When the mixing occurs, the gas temperature lowers, just the right heat that can be tolerated by the nozzles and keep the nozzles unburnt. You are sure that this process is done through the Theia Plasma swirl ring, and you’ll have excellent cuts each time. Being the part that receives the hottest temperature, the swirl ring is made to withstand up to 370°C heat.
- Comes in two pieces
- Can be used for Forney251P Eco and Titanium 45 torches 56255
- A bit costly
6. WeldingStop Consumables
It is better to be safe than sorry, they say. Instead of getting only the consumables, you need at the moment, why not get a complete set. The set from WeldingStop can serve as first aid for your Harbor Freight plasma cutters. Included in the set are the following:
- 10 electrodes
- 10 tips
- A shield cap
- A standoff
Aside from Harbor Freight, these consumables also fit various brands and models of plasma cutters.
- You can use it for other plasma cutter types and models
- You can get all inclusions at a fair price
- Does not come with an organizer
Plasma cutters are a great way to quickly and easily make precise cuts in various materials. The Harbor Freight plasma cutter is no exception. This tool can be even more versatile and effective with the right accessories. We hope this list of six best accessories, a retaining cap, consumables, electrodes, tips, and swirl ring, for the Harbor Freight plasma cutters, increases your equipment’s performance and versatility.