Cutting metals is a one-way street. You can always weld two pieces of metal together, but you can't put them back when you cut them.
That’s why it's necessary to use an appropriate and reliable cutting torch. Naturally, cutting metals requires some knowledge and skills, but torch quality also influences the results.
Getting a Harbor Freight cutting torch is a good choice if you're on a budget. However, it lacks certain features you need to produce fine metal cuts.
If you're seeking alternatives, we can help! Whether you're working on small or large metal projects, we have the perfect list of torches for you.
Achieve Perfect Cuts Using These 4 Alternative Cutting Torches
1. Sua Medium-Duty Oxy-Fuel Cutting Torch
Let's start with a budget-friendly, lightweight, and compact cutting torch. Spend less than a hundred dollars for versatile cuts and dual gas options with the Sua Medium-Duty Cutting Torch!
- Allows you to cut, weld, or heat metals with acetylene or propane
- A compatible tool for the Victor 100 Series torches
- Good for welding, heating, or cutting tight metal spots
- Incorporates a size 2 acetylene or propane tip for heating and cutting bolts. You can also cut it to an inch if necessary.
- The die-forged brass handle protects your hands from the heat.
- It has safety check valves to avoid gas leaks.
- The compact size is too small if you have big hands.
- It's short-lived and might burn out faster than you'd expect.
2. Zenstyle Cutting Torch (Oxygen and Acetylene)
Zenstyle is a favorite brand of professionals. The Zenstyle Oxygen and Acetylene Cutting Torch has everything you need for welding or cutting metals with optimal performance.
- This torch allows you to cut up to 6 inches and weld up to 1/2 inches seamlessly.
- It comes with a full accessory set, including regulators for acetylene and oxygen, a torch handle, hoses, a spark lighter, molded storage case, and tip cleaners.
- It has a versatile construction compatible with nearly all American oxygen cylinders.
- It has a convenient torch set with readable dual-scale gauges (2 inches) and a large brass handle for smooth adjustments.
- Designed for cutting, welding, brazing, metal heating, and other home or commercial applications.
- Great value for the price, but some accessories wear out fast.
3. Victor 0384-0945 Cutting Torch
Working on HVAC and light fabrication projects? This cutting torch from the Victor Technologies 0384-0945 Tote Kit is suitable for those jobs! It helps you work on home and industrial metalwork in the safest and most hassle-free way possible.
- This torch has a portable storage system with multiple storage components and a built-in carrying handle.
- Suitable for oxy-acetylene cutting and welding
- Includes various accessories such as oxygen and fuel regulators, a dual 3/16-inch hose for far-reaching tasks, check valves and goggles for full protection, a striker, and a tank key
- Easy to set up and operate
- It doesn't come with a gas tank, so you have to buy it separately. If you already have cutting torch tanks from Harbor Freight and a Harbor Freight cutting torch cart to haul it along, you're all set.
- Some users encounter problems when connecting the regulator.
4. H&J Heavy-Duty Cutting Torch
The H&J Heavy-Duty Cutting Torch has a good value for the money. Both beginners and professionals can rely on its durability and versatility for heavy-duty metalwork.
- Made of heavy-duty and high-strength alloy, stainless steel, and brass
- You get various gas options: propane, oxy-acetylene, butane, and natural gas.
- Includes a cutting tip, torch handle, and cutting attachment
- You can use this torch for both welding and cutting.
- It can cut from 1/8 to 5 inches and weld up to 1/2 inches of steel.
- It is too heavy and bulky for some.
It Takes a High-Quality Torch to Make Precise Cuts
Cutting skills play a major role in metalwork, but the quality of your tools is important too. So whether you're a beginner or a professional, the best results always start with a good cutting torch.
We hope you have found a suitable torch from this roundup. Meanwhile, you may also explore our website for more reviews on Harbor Freight’s cutting torch kit, Harbor Freight cutting torch tips, and welding and cutting tools from other brands.