Suppose you're thinking of fusing metals to produce a solid door handle for your new home or creating incredible metal artwork for shop decor. In that case, TIG welding is a good choice.
The key to a successful TIG weld can be many things. However, you're probably reading this to look for a good TIG welding gun, so let's focus on helping you choose the best one.
The welding gun is an important tool for successful metal fusion, so you must carefully select the item. This article provides a roundup of the four best welding guns for TIG welding in the market.
Importance of a Torch in TIG Welding
TIG welding is a popular technique because of its intricate and precise ability to work on various workpieces.
One of the ways to produce a good outcome is using the right welding gun. A well-functioning torch should not be uncomfortably hot, must contain enough endurance, doesn't require a lot of maintenance, and, naturally, has complete and working TIG welding gun parts.
You can also use TIG torches as spot welding guns (also called a TIG spot welding gun) or a TIG gun for a MIG welder with the right setup.
4 Best TIG Welding Guns for Your Workpiece
Choosing a TIG welding torch can be stressful because the features may vary according to the brand, pricing, and purpose. To help you out with the hassle of the selection process, we listed down four of the best TIG torches for you to choose from.
Weldtec Speedway SW-320SA-25DX Deluxe TIG Torch
This Weldtec TIG welding torch is one of the top performers in the market! The model’s design keeps things cool during long hours of heavy-duty work, so it's a tool you can rely on as you focus on practicing your dexterity.
- Water-Cooling System: The Weldtec Deluxe is one of the best water-cooled welding torches in the market. It keeps the temperature down while allowing you to weld for hours at a high amperage.
- Speed Nut: The hose connections of this torch don't require wire clamps or any special assemblies for adjustment. It saves you time since you don't have to deal with complicated tools to secure the torch.
- Purposeful Design: The torch has a nice, silver-brazed copper design. Not only does it look cool, but it also extends the current capacity and quickly dissipates heat.
- Flexible Cable and Hose: The power cable and hoses allow you to move around while holding the torch without difficulty. Additionally, the 25-foot lead helps you stretch the TIG gun to a longer distance without affecting the welding machine.
Due to Weldtec's superior construction and excellent performance in pro welding, it comes at a relatively higher price than its competitors.
WeldingCity Air-Cooled TIG Welding Torch
This WeldingCity torch is perfect for beginners looking for a low-priced but high-performing basic welding gun. Don't take its lower rate and user-friendly features for poor quality—this torch is also reliable in heavy-duty outdoor applications.
- Air-Cooled Mechanism: The torch incorporates a simple and low-maintenance cooling system that offers safe welding in short periods. It is good enough to allow smooth welding operations.
- Flexible Head and Gas Valve: This torch comes with a flex-head that effortlessly allows welding in different positions. In addition, the gas valve is user-friendly and builds up seamless torch usability.
- Safety Gear Inclusion: WeldingCity proves that even budget purchases are still worth a shot. This torch includes a pair of TIG gloves to ensure you have tools that keep you safe.
- Quick Welder Replacement: This torch is a good replacement for the torch in a Lincoln 175 TIG welder for sale or other mainstream welder brands (e.g., Miller, ESAB, and CK).
- Unfortunately, this torch is not capable of a high-frequency start.
- While it has a decent quality to match the price, the accessories are still not as good as those of its competitors.
Masterweld WP20-25R TIG Welding Torch
While the designs of the two welding guns mentioned above cater to a specific skill level, the Masterweld TIG torch combines both. It is suitable for professional welding, but the construction is simple enough for beginners or hobbyists!
- Long Lead: One of the things you'll love about this welding torch is the 25-foot lead. It gives you more freedom to move around without any fuss.
- Ready for Immediate Use: This torch has everything you need to start TIG welding immediately. All accessories are there; you only need to assemble them, and then you're good to go!
- Water-Cooled System: The Masterweld TIG torch is another candidate for the best water-cooled TIG welding torch. The water-cooling mechanism automatically cools down the torch, allowing you to work for long periods without stopping.
- The Masterweld TIG torch doesn't have a flexible head, so you need to exert more effort when switching welding positions.
- Some users are hesitant about the lead quality and brand name, as it's not that popular in the market yet.
CK FL150 Air-Cooled TIG Torch Kit
You've probably heard good things about the products of CK Worldwide, one of the well-recognized innovators in the welding industry. So if you're planning to purchase the CK FL150 for pipe welding, you're about to get one of the best air-cooled TIG torches in the market.
- Flexible Lock Head: The CK torch incorporates an interchangeable head construction with a 12.5-foot lead. This design comes with a 360-degree angle torch head which allows you to work in various positions.
- An Excellent Pipe Welding Tool: The torch works like a breeze on open-root pipe welds. Pipe welding can be difficult to maneuver, but this gun makes it so easy with the flex-lock head feature.
- Durable and Heat-Resistant: This torch features an ergonomic design for safety and durability. It uses silicone lines, and its torch body construction promotes high temperature and tear resistance and eliminates hand fatigue.
- This CK torch needs to warm up before use, so remember not to bend it right away.
- Its cost is in the same high price range as the Weldtec Speedway torch.
These TIG welding guns offer promising features, but you have to consider a couple of factors to find what’s right for your workpiece. Moreover, consider your level of expertise to find a torch that can give you impressive results regardless of your skills.
We hope this article has served as a useful reference in finding the best gun for your TIG welding needs. If you need information on TIG welding or affordable welders (e.g., Lincoln 200 TIG welder for sale, Lincoln 275 TIG welder for sale, Lincoln 185 TIG welder for sale, and Miller plasma cutters for sale), visit our website for more valuable insights on welding equipment.